A Summary Dissolution is a shorter and easier way to get divorced in California. However, only some couples qualify. A Summary Dissolution may be an option if:
- You have no children together;
- You have been married for 5 years or less;
- Neither of you own very much (your community property is not worth more than $41,000 and/or neither of you has separate property worth more than $41,000 (not including vehicles);
- Neither of you owe very much (total community property debt is $6,000 or less (not including vehicles);
- Neither of you want spousal support; and
- You have no disagreements about how the property will be divided.
For more information on the process and forms required, visit: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl810.pdf.